Sigma MTS 300
Our Sigma MTS 300 has been designed for high throughput capability and with up to 1000 measurements per second is one of the fastest in-circuit testers on the market. The test system can check your circuit boards with up to 3456 analog, 1664 hybrid or a combination of both test points. The Sigma puts flexibility, high fault coverage and simple programming at the fore.
You can use the modular test system for analog and digital in-circuit testing, vectorless testing, functional test, boundary scan and memory programming. Thanks to the non-multiplexed pin architecture it is also possible to use fixtures and test programs from other test systems.
|Maximum no. of networks||3456|
|Maximum board size (LxWxD)||Unlimited|
|Interface||Vacuum or cable|
|System size (LxWxD)||930 x 830 x 900|
|Format||Vacuum interface, short measuring distances|
|Possible versions||analog, hybrid & Lambda edition|
|Maximum fixture pin number||3456|
Fixture alignment aid
With the optional fixture alignment aid, the fixture can be easily positioned at the interface and placed using a life mechanism. The fixture runs on two rails – like a drawer – and is correctly positioned using positive stops as well as standard jaws.
The fixture alignment aid can be retrofitted on existing systems and has a load capacity of up to 400 N. The standard version is designed for a fixture size of up to 600 x 600 mm – but of course we also offer custom solutions on request.
The UCBs can be plugged into any open slot of the Base System, to a maximum of 16.
Each of the following standard modules occupies one of the slots on the UCB.
The measuring channels can be connected depending on the application to the pins on the system interface or to the six internal bus lines.
- Four measuring channels per module on 8:1 multiplexer = 32 Inputs
- Up to 4 parallel measurements per MTC (4 parallel counters)
- Intelligent algorithms for fast measurements even at low frequencies
- Frequency, period, pulse width, rise- and falling time as well as event counting on each channel
- Time measuring range: 10 ns - 42 s, resolution 10 ns
- Frequency measuring range: 0.015 - 100 MHz
- Event counting: 0 - 232, maximum 100 MHz
- Max. input level/trigger voltage: +/-100 V
- Synchronization with external trigger possible
- 32 Open-Collector Outputs
- Voltage: 50 V
- Current: 550 mA
- Maximum 1.5 A / 10 W (per group of 8)
The module is available in two versions:
- 16 normally open relays
- 100 V/1 A
- Max. switching current/capacity 0.5 A/10 VA
- 4 x (7:1) Multiplex structure
- 100 V/1 A per Group
- Max. switching current/capacity 0.5 A/10 VA
- Precision resistors with high Resolution
- Each MRD provides an individual programmable resistor
- The resistor is potential-free
- Can be connected to the 6 analog buses of UCB interface Pins
- Overvoltage protection (1A fuse)
- Range: 1 Ohm – 16.77 Mohm
- Resolution: 1 Ohm
- Accuracy: 0.1% ± 0.1 Ohm
- TCR: 50 PPM/°C
- Maximum values: 1 A | 30 V | 1 W
- Precision voltage/current sources
- AC/DC voltage up to 20 kHz
- Two parallel stimulus channels and one measuring channel per module
- Current source with programmable voltage limiting
- Programmable waveforms: sine, square, triangle
- Programmable DC offset for AC Signals
- Sense lines for increased accuracy
- Differential outputs and measuring channels (potential-free)
- Short circuit protected Outputs
- Measuring channel: Max. ± 100 V / ± 1 A, resolutions up to 600 nV / 2.4 nA
- Sources: Max. ± 25 V / ± 200 mA, resolutions up to 33.3 μV / 83.3 nA
- Short circuit monitoring via hard- and Software
- Output can be turned completely off (galvanic isolation via relay)
- Separate force and sense lines
- Voltages and currents can be read back
UPC02 is available in three configurations:
- UPC02-09: 9 V/10 A; resolution 2.2 mV/2.4 mA; accuracy ±20 mV/50 mA
- UPC02-24: 24 V/5 A; resolution 5.8 mV/1.2 mA; accuracy ±50 mV/50 mA
- UPC02-45: 45 V/3.5 A; resolution 11 mV/0.8 mA; accuracy ±100 mV/50 mA
Lambda edition: real parallel testing as the solution
We have the solution: real parallel testing with the Lambda edition. With this technology you can test two or more assemblies at the same time, thereby optimizing the cycle times and shortening the test time or performing the tests using the shortest path. An ICT or functional test is performed by two or more independent test heads, reducing the test time by the corresponding factor. This applies to multi-panels as well as for multiple independent single test objects.
The Lambda Edition thus reduces the test time for two objects for example by 50 percent, or 75 percent for four, and so on.
Advantages of parallel testing
- Optimizes cycle times
- Small, economical test heads
- Powerful, flexible software Environment
- Assemblies can be tested without additional effort
- Low hardware costs
- Takes up less space
Boundary Scan ICT
- Reduces fixture costs by saving test points
- Just one test fixture needed for boundary scan and ICT
- Increases test coverage by integrating all test channels
- Short test times by integrating with Digitaltest hybrid cards
- Incorporates all functions in CITE - production remains in the familiar user Interface
- Simple data export with C-LINK DTM for boundary scan software
Our main partners in matters of JTAG/Boundary Scan integration are the respected GÖPEL electronic and JTAG Technologies.
The CAN-/LIN modules are standard interfaces for communication with the test object.
With the Programmer Modules you can make specific selections for onboard flash programming. Here we integrate for example programmers from Ertec, SMH, ProMik or Algocraft.
IEEE-, R232-, USB-Modules
These functional modules have standardized PC interfaces for communicating with additional function test modules.
PXI devices serve as expansion modules for specific tests.
Optical Test Modules
The modules for optical tests can for example test LEDs, with fiber optic cables used for testing the color and intensity of LEDs.
- Standard interface uses vacuum
- Cable interface is also possible
- Basically any interface is possible using a fixture converter (e.g. Pylon or Virginia Panel)