Sparrow MTS 30
The Sparrow MTS 30 is a 19“ test system that can be integrated into any standard rack. The In-Circuit tester can also be used as benchtop test system. With this compact and flexible tester you can perform both analog and digital In-Circuit and functional tests.
In spite of its small footprint the Sparrow features 9 slots for module cards with up to 1152 test pins, which are available as analog or hybrid pins or even a combination of the two. In addition, the benchtop tester can accommodate up to four programmable power supplies. With the proven In-Circuit and functional test modules you can handle a majority of the possible test scenarios simply and economically.
|Maximum no. of networks||1152|
|Maximum board size (LxWxD)||Unlimited|
|System size (LxWxD)||483 x 178 x 5700|
|Format||19" housing, flexible|
|Possible versions||analog, hybrid & Lambda edition|
|Maximum fixture pin number||1152|
Fast Access Interface (FAI)
You can equip our Sparrow with a quick-change interface, the so-called Fast Access Interface (FAI). This gives you quick and simple access to the pin cards without cumbersome plugging and unplugging of the flat cables. You save time with maintenance, for example: simply fold the slot cover over to the side – either to the left or right – and remove the pin card.
External switch for vacuum adapter
The external vacuum switch allows you to control a vacuum adapter directly through the Sparrow. This is a box which is connected to the rear of the In-Circuit tester. Use the VacOn or VacOff commands to enable or disable the vacuum switch.
Functional test tower
Are you looking for a flexible system with standard interface for your functional test? You’re not alone. Which is why we also offer our 19“ Sparrow as a functional test tower with standardized pylon interface. In addition to the pins for In-Circuit testing and functional testing, this can also include blocks for high voltage/current, pneumatic terminals or glass fiber optics. The tower can be individually configured and can accommodate additional IEEE- or PXI-based functional test equipment.
Our engineers will be happy to design similar integrations on request and with the support of our integration specialist partners.
Power Supply Rack
If the four power supplies on the Sparrow are not enough, we offer a Power Supply Rack with twelve additional power supplies. Like the benchtop tester, this is for a 19“ rack and allows you to install additional UPC modules. Multiple panels, different voltages or parallel testing of more complex test objects are then no problem with our compact test system.
The UCBs can be plugged into any open slot of the Base System, to a maximum of 16.
Each of the following standard modules occupies one of the slots on the UCB.
The measuring channels can be connected depending on the application to the pins on the system interface or to the six internal bus lines.
- Four measuring channels per module on 8:1 multiplexer = 32 Inputs
- Up to 4 parallel measurements per MTC (4 parallel counters)
- Intelligent algorithms for fast measurements even at low frequencies
- Frequency, period, pulse width, rise- and falling time as well as event counting on each channel
- Time measuring range: 10 ns - 42 s, resolution 10 ns
- Frequency measuring range: 0.015 - 100 MHz
- Event counting: 0 - 232, maximum 100 MHz
- Max. input level/trigger voltage: +/-100 V
- Synchronization with external trigger possible
- 32 Open-Collector Outputs
- Voltage: 50 V
- Current: 550 mA
- Maximum 1.5 A / 10 W (per group of 8)
The module is available in two versions:
- 16 normally open relays
- 100 V/1 A
- Max. switching current/capacity 0.5 A/10 VA
- 4 x (7:1) Multiplex structure
- 100 V/1 A per Group
- Max. switching current/capacity 0.5 A/10 VA
- Precision resistors with high Resolution
- Each MRD provides an individual programmable resistor
- The resistor is potential-free
- Can be connected to the 6 analog buses of UCB interface Pins
- Overvoltage protection (1A fuse)
- Range: 1 Ohm – 16.77 Mohm
- Resolution: 1 Ohm
- Accuracy: 0.1% ± 0.1 Ohm
- TCR: 50 PPM/°C
- Maximum values: 1 A | 30 V | 1 W
- Precision voltage/current sources
- AC/DC voltage up to 20 kHz
- Two parallel stimulus channels and one measuring channel per module
- Current source with programmable voltage limiting
- Programmable waveforms: sine, square, triangle
- Programmable DC offset for AC Signals
- Sense lines for increased accuracy
- Differential outputs and measuring channels (potential-free)
- Short circuit protected Outputs
- Measuring channel: Max. ± 100 V / ± 1 A, resolutions up to 600 nV / 2.4 nA
- Sources: Max. ± 25 V / ± 200 mA, resolutions up to 33.3 μV / 83.3 nA
- Short circuit monitoring via hard- and Software
- Output can be turned completely off (galvanic isolation via relay)
- Separate force and sense lines
- Voltages and currents can be read back
UPC02 is available in three configurations:
- UPC02-09: 9 V/10 A; resolution 2.2 mV/2.4 mA; accuracy ±20 mV/50 mA
- UPC02-24: 24 V/5 A; resolution 5.8 mV/1.2 mA; accuracy ±50 mV/50 mA
- UPC02-45: 45 V/3.5 A; resolution 11 mV/0.8 mA; accuracy ±100 mV/50 mA
Lambda edition: real parallel testing as the solution
We have the solution: real parallel testing with the Lambda edition. With this technology you can test two or more assemblies at the same time, thereby optimizing the cycle times and shortening the test time or performing the tests using the shortest path. An ICT or functional test is performed by two or more independent test heads, reducing the test time by the corresponding factor. This applies to multi-panels as well as for multiple independent single test objects.
The Lambda Edition thus reduces the test time for two objects for example by 50 percent, or 75 percent for four, and so on.
Advantages of parallel testing
- Optimizes cycle times
- Small, economical test heads
- Powerful, flexible software Environment
- Assemblies can be tested without additional effort
- Low hardware costs
- Takes up less space
Boundary Scan ICT
- Reduces fixture costs by saving test points
- Just one test fixture needed for boundary scan and ICT
- Increases test coverage by integrating all test channels
- Short test times by integrating with Digitaltest hybrid cards
- Incorporates all functions in CITE - production remains in the familiar user Interface
- Simple data export with C-LINK DTM for boundary scan software
Our main partners in matters of JTAG/Boundary Scan integration are the respected GÖPEL electronic and JTAG Technologies.
The CAN-/LIN modules are standard interfaces for communication with the test object.
With the Programmer Modules you can make specific selections for onboard flash programming. Here we integrate for example programmers from Ertec, SMH, ProMik or Algocraft.
IEEE-, R232-, USB-Modules
These functional modules have standardized PC interfaces for communicating with additional function test modules.
PXI devices serve as expansion modules for specific tests.
Optical Test Modules
The modules for optical tests can for example test LEDs, with fiber optic cables used for testing the color and intensity of LEDs.
- inline handlers (board and fixture), since the device is small and compact.
- basically any interface is possible using a fixture adapter (e.g. Pylon or Virginia Panel)