Eagle MTS 180
In-Circuit test system
The Eagle MTS 180 is our most economical solution for high-volume production. The in-circuit tester is equipped with a press, so that you can dispense with expensive vacuum fixtures. The pneumatic press allows you to develop even highly complex fixtures at minimal cost.
Our Eagle at 5500 N can be equipped with up to 3456 analog and hybrid in-circuit test pins, making it the ideal test system for EMS service providers and high-volume production. In addition, the test system can be equipped with functional modules for greater fault coverage or configured as a function tester.
|Maximum no. of networks||3456|
|Maximum board size (LxWxD)||430 x 310 x 150|
|System size (LxWxD)||1000 x 1700 x 860|
|Format||Pneumatic press, economical fixture solutions|
|Possible versions||analog, hybrid & Lambda edition|
|Maximum fixture pin number||3456 (at 5500 N)|
Quick-change interface (One Touch)
With our One Touch system you can change your fixtures quickly and simply using the clever quick-change interface.
A light curtain can be integrated in the system instead of a door the workstation for the pneumatic press can be protected using a light curtain, this enables the user to use only one hand, when opening or closing the press. Meanwhile the user can manually load and unload the systems with the other hand and this can save a great deal of time.
The UCBs can be plugged into any open slot of the Base System, to a maximum of 16.
Each of the following standard modules occupies one of the slots on the UCB.
The measuring channels can be connected depending on the application to the pins on the system interface or to the six internal bus lines.
- Four measuring channels per module on 8:1 multiplexer = 32 Inputs
- Up to 4 parallel measurements per MTC (4 parallel counters)
- Intelligent algorithms for fast measurements even at low frequencies
- Frequency, period, pulse width, rise- and falling time as well as event counting on each channel
- Time measuring range: 10 ns - 42 s, resolution 10 ns
- Frequency measuring range: 0.015 - 100 MHz
- Event counting: 0 - 232, maximum 100 MHz
- Max. input level/trigger voltage: +/-100 V
- Synchronization with external trigger possible
- 32 Open-Collector Outputs
- Voltage: 50 V
- Current: 550 mA
- Maximum 1.5 A / 10 W (per group of 8)
The module is available in two versions:
- 16 normally open relays
- 100 V/1 A
- Max. switching current 0.5 A
- Max. switching capacity 10 VA
- 4 x (7:1) Multiplex structure
- 100 V/1 A per Group
- Max. switching current 0.5 A
- Max. switching capacity 10 V
- Precision resistors with high Resolution
- Each MRD provides an individual programmable resistor
- The resistor is potential-free
- Can be connected to the 6 analog buses of UCB interface Pins
- Overvoltage protection (1A fuse)
- Range: 1 Ohm – 16.77 Mohm
- Resolution: 1 Ohm
- Accuracy: 0.1% ± 0.1 Ohm
- TCR: 50 PPM/°C
- Maximum values: 1 A | 30 V | 1 W
- Precision voltage/current sources
- AC/DC voltage up to 20 kHz
- Two parallel stimulus channels and one measuring channel per module
- Current source with programmable voltage limiting
- Programmable waveforms: sine, square, triangle
- Programmable DC offset for AC Signals
- Sense lines for increased accuracy
- Differential outputs and measuring channels (potential-free)
- Short circuit protected Outputs
- Measuring channel: Max. ± 100 V / ± 1 A, resolutions up to 600 nV / 2.4 nA
- Sources: Max. ± 25 V / ± 200 mA, resolutions up to 33.3 μV / 83.3 nA
- Short circuit monitoring via hard- and Software
- Output can be turned completely off (galvanic isolation via relay)
- Separate force and sense lines
- Voltages and currents can be read back
UPC02 is available in three configurations:
- UPC02-09: 9 V/10 A; resolution 2.2 mV/2.4 mA; accuracy ±20 mV/50 mA
- UPC02-24: 24 V/5 A; resolution 5.8 mV/1.2 mA; accuracy ±50 mV/50 mA
- UPC02-45: 45 V/3.5 A; resolution 11 mV/0.8 mA; accuracy ±100 mV/50 mA
Lambda edition: real parallel testing as the solution
Would you like to test multiple boards in parallel and save time? We have the solution: real parallel testing with the Lambda edition. With this technology you can test two or more assemblies at the same time, thereby optimizing the cycle times and shortening the test time or performing the tests using the shortest path. An ICT or functional test is performed by two or more independent test heads, reducing the test time by the corresponding factor. This applies to multi-panels as well as for multiple independent single test objects.
The Lambda edition thus reduces the test time for two objects for example by 50 percent, or 75 percent for four, and so on.
Advantages of parallel testing
- Optimizes cycle times
- Small, economical test heads
- Powerful, flexible software environment
- Assemblies can be tested without additional effort
- Low hardware costs
- Takes up less space
Boundary Scan ICT
With our boundary scan upgrade for In-Circuit Tests (ICT) you can get the best of both testing methods worlds and achieve an optimal test strategy with maximum test coverage and reduced overall costs.
The CAN-/LIN modules are standard interfaces for communication with the test object.
With the Programmer Modules you can make specific selections for onboard flash programming. Here we integrate for example programmers from Ertec, SMH, ProMik or Algocraft.
IEEE-, R232-, USB-Modules
These functional modules have standardized PC interfaces for communicating with additional function test modules.
PXI devices serve as expansion modules for specific tests.
Optical Test Modules
The modules for optical tests can for example test LEDs, with fiber optic cables used for testing the color and intensity of LEDs.
- Fixtures can make double-sided contact
- Fixtures can use rigid needles which are well suited for short distances and small pads
- Works with the compressed air fixture press